The first dozen included quarterback Justin Worley, athlete Devrin Young, offensive linemen Marcus Jackson, Mack Crowder and Alan Posey, defensive lineman Trevarris Saulsberry, running back Tom Smith, tight end Brendan Downs, linebackers A.J. Johnson and Christian Harris, defensive backs Justin Coleman and Pat Martin and wide receiver Vincent Dallas.
Here are the particulars:
- Justin Coleman, DB, Brunswick (Ga.) High School: This 5-11, 175-pounder recorded 92 stops and 5 interceptions as a senior after registering 83 stops and 6 interceptions as a junior. Rated a 3-star prospect and the No. 47 cornerback recruit by Scout.com, he placed second in the state 300-meter hurdles as a junior.
- Mack Crowder, C, Tennessee High of Bristol: Voted his team's Homecoming King, this 6-4, 270-pounder also made the PrepStar Dream Team and was selected for the East-West All-Star team. A dynamic blocker, he recorded 57 pancake blocks as a senior and was rated a 3-star prospect and the No. 9 center recruit by Scout.com.
- Vincent Dallas, WR, Cedar Grove High School of Ellenwood, Ga: This speedy 6-0, 180-pounder was a two-time all-state pick who caught 52 passes for 949 yards and seven touchdowns as a senior. He also had a 70-yard kickoff return for TD. As a junior he caught 37 balls for 800 yards. As a sophomore he ran a leg on the fourth-fastest 4x400 relay unit in America. He is rated a 3-star prospect and the No. 71 wideout recruit by Scout.com.
- Christian Harris, LB, Etowah High School of Woodstock, Ga: This 6-2, 235-pounder recorded 127 tackles and two interceptions as a senior, also returning a fumble recovery 37 yards. He was selected for the GACA North-South All-Star Game. The first commitment of Tennessee's 2011 signing class, he is rated a 3-star prospect by Scout.com and ranked as the No.90 outside linebacker.
- Marcus Jackson, G, Vero Beach (Fla.) High School: This imposing 6-2, 315-pounder was a four-year starter who was selected for the Under Armour All-America Game and rated the country's No. 87 recruit by ESPN and an All-American by Max Emfinger. Tabbed a 3-star prospect, he is rated the No. 14 guard prospect by Scout.com.
- A.J. Johnson, LB, Gainesville (Ga.) High School: Another Under Armour All-American, this rugged 6-3, 245-pounder was Georgia's Class AAA Defensive Player of the Year after recording 173 stops. He also had a huge sophomore season, registering 160 stops in 2008. Rated a 4-star prospect, he is Scout.com's No. 16 middle linebacker recruit.
- Pat Martin, DB, J.L. Mann High of Greenville, S.C.: This 6-0, 205-pounder recorded 70 tackles and 2 interceptions as a senior after registering 112 stops and 2 picks as a junior. Tabbed to play in the Shrine Bowl, he is rated the country's No. 15 safety prospect by ESPN. Scout.com gives him a 3-star ranking and lists him No. 34 among safety recruits.
- Alan Posey, OL, Clarke Central High of Athens, Ga.: Rated the nation's No. 15 offensive tackle prospect by ESPN, this 6-6, 305-pounder was tabbed for the NUC All-World Gridiron Classic. Voted Class AAAA all-state as a junior and senior, he led Clarke Central to the state championship game in 2009 only to lose to current Vol Rajion Neal's Sandy Creek team. Pegged a 3-star prospect, Posey is rated America's No. 48 guard recruit by Scout.com.
- Trevarris Saulsberry, DE, Gainesville (Fla.) High School: This massive 6-5, 280-pounder registered 68 stops and 4.5 sacks as a senior, 50 stops and 4 sacks as a junior. He is accorded a 3-star rating by Scout.com, which tabs him the nation's No. 74 defensive end prospect.
- Tom Smith, RB, Apopka (Fla.) High: This 5-11, 205-pounder rushed for 1,253 yards and 17 touchdowns as a senior after posting 1,651 yards and 24 TDs as a junior. He also ran for 811 yards as a sophomore in 2008. Scout.com pegs him a 3-star prospect and ranks him No. 47 among running back recruits.
- Justin Worley, QB, Northwestern High of Rock Hill, S.C.: Named Gatorade National Player of the Year, he threw for a mind-boggling 13,385 career yards and 157 career TDs. He passed for 5,315 yards and 64 TDs as a senior, 4,366 yards and 42 TDs as a junior, 3,641 yards and 50 TDs as a sophomore. The 6-4, 205-pounder completed 72.7 percent of his career attempts. Scout.com gives him 3 stars and ranks him No. 38 among quarterback recruits.
- Devrin Young, athlete, Bearden High of Knoxville, Tenn.: This 5-8, 165-pounder was tabbed Gatorade all-state as a sophomore, junior and senior. A superior return specialist, he posted 7,433 all-purpose yards and 83 touchdowns during his prep career. He averaged 7.7 yards per carry en route to 2,271 rushing yards and 32 rushing TDs as a senior. His career numbers include 31 punt returns for 518 yards (16.7-yard average) and 38 kickoff returns for 1,173 yards (30.9-yard average). He returned two punts and six kickoffs for touchdowns. Young placed second in the 100 meters at the Class AAA TSSAA track championships. He is rated a 3-star prospect by Scout.com.
- Brendan Downs, TE, Tennessee High of Bristol: This rangy 6-6, 235-pounder led the Vikings with 34 catches and 470 receiving yards as a senior in 2010. He caught eight balls for 204 yards as a junior. This versatile young man also is a two-time all-conference basketball pick. Scout.com rates him a 3-star prospect and the No. 28 tight end recruit nationally.