Check out this season's first edition of InsideTennessee's Devil's Advocate series in which two…
The Aussie kick
Still, punter Matt Darr can contribute mightily to the Vol defense just by keeping the visiting Grizzlies backed up deep in their own territory. He hopes to accomplish this using something he calls "the Aussie kick." Not to be confused with "the rugby kick" in which the punter boots the ball while running to his right, the Aussie kick is designed for placement rather than distance. "It's still a straight approach. I'll just be dropping it with the nose down so I'll have a slow end-over-end backspin," Darr explained recently. "That way, when it hits, it has less of a chance to roll into the end zone." Tennessee's 2010 punter, Chad Cunningham...
1,202 Fans online
- SEASON PREDICTIONS: It is go time
- Taurasi Getting Away With Her Antics Again
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jefferson breaks down top 4
- "Surely we can get 6 or 7 wins"
- Looks like Auburn will be relevant sooner rather than later