In a seven-on-seven drill:
- Denarius Moore made a nifty catch of a ball thrown slightly behind him by Coleman.
- Stephens found Jones over the middle for a gain of 10, then showed some zip (despite a recent wrist injury) on a 10-yard completion to Brandon Warren.
- Linebacker Herman Lathers leaped high and nearly intercepted a Stephens throw over the middle.
In a third-and-1 drill:
- Montario Hardesty knifed up the middle for a nine-yard gain.
- Crompton hit Cooper on a swing pass for a gain of 18.
- Freshman tailback Toney Williams showed a nice surge on a four-yard run up the gut.
- Poole was hit at the line of scrimmage but used body lean, leg drive and good second effort to pick one yard.
- Cornerback Dennis Rogan made a fine hit on Williams to stop him for no gain on a stretch play around left end.
- Coleman hit fullback Austin Johnson for a gain of 15 yards.
- Toney Williams hit a brick wall but somehow burrowed for a yard.
- Poole was stopped for no gain by the middle of the defensive line.
- Williams again managed just enough of a surge to pick up a yard.
In a situational drill:
- Crompton hit fullback Cooper with a swing pass that went for 20 yards.
- A Coleman pass to Poole fell incomplete. Poole apparently ran the wrong route because he got a brief lecture from head coach Lane Kiffin on his way back to the huddle.
- Daniel Lincoln, after some poor field-goal kicking last week, redeemed himself by connecting from 30, 35, 40 and 44 yards.
- Linebacker Nick Reveiz made a form tackle to stop Hardesty for no gain.
- Crompton hit Quintin Hancock for a 10-yard gain.
In a four-minute drill in which the offense was supposed to run out the clock:
- Hardesty fumbled as he was falling to the ground.
- Austin Johnson caught a swing pass and rambled 15 yards before being stripped of the ball.