10. Vol middle linebacker Nick Reveiz recorded 8 tackles before suffering a season-ending knee injury, then WILLED the Vols to victory after suffering the injury.
9. Tennessee's coverage unit bounced back after allowing Chris Garrett to race 95 yards for a touchdown on the Vols' first kickoff of the game.
8. UT freshman Greg King (6 tackles, 1 hurry) did a superior job filling in for injured strongside linebacker LaMarcus Thompson.
7. Jonathan Crompton threw just one interception, his low for the season.
6. Chris Walker's seven-yard interception-return TD gave Tennessee a 21-14 lead and a much-needed emotional lift in the second quarter.
5. Official review. If Bobcat linebacker Noah Keller's 46-yard fumble-return TD had been allowed to stand, the game's complexion might have radically changed at that point.
4.With Auburn, Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina coming up in October, the Vols couldn't afford another loss in September.
3. Ohio U quarterback Theo Scott (30 of 52 for 319 yards) probably suffered from a tired right arm in the fourth quarter.
2. After completing 15 of 28 passes for 173 first-half yards, Tennessee turned the game over to dependable Montario Hardesty (124 second-half rushing yards).
1. When former Vol Fuad Reveiz consoled his injured son by giving him a kiss on the forehead along the UT sidelines, you KNEW Tennessee was not going to lose that game.